This page is for the media, booksellers, or anyone looking for information about Mishael Austin Witty. Feel free to browse, look around and print what you need! Mishael is always happy to talk. For book blog guest posts, interviews and review copy requests, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO IS MISHAEL AUSTIN WITTY?
- She started typing away on her parents’ Apple IIe when she was still in elementary school, making up story after story (mostly mysteries) that never saw the light of day… except for one. Her first novel, SHADOWS OF THINGS TO COME, is an adaptation of a story she wrote when she was in middle school.
- In college, in a fit of rebellion, she decided to become a psychology major… and then she decided that counseling wasn’t for her (she liked researching and writing the papers more than she did anything else), so she went to grad school for experimental psychology. After completing her master’s degree, her graduate advisor suggested that she find another line of work because her heart just wasn’t in psychology (it was THAT obvious to everyone but our heroine).
- Ms. Witty (Miss Austin, at the time) took this as an invitation to work on completing and shopping around a novel (NOT SHADOWS OF THINGS TO COME). It was summarily rejected by every publisher and agent she tried, although some of the comments that came back with it were encouraging. Still, there was no money to be had in unpublished books, so how could she make a living for herself?
- Dazed and a little confused, she checked every career book and help wanted ad she could find, and decided that she would, in fact, like to become an editor – a position she held in various companies until the birth of her second daughter, after which she became the casualty of budget cuts and decided to strike out on her own as a freelancer, with which she has had some good success.
- Not completely satisfied to edit other people’s writing, Ms. Witty decided it was time to start trying to write and publish her own work. The advent of quick, easy self-publishing was a godsend, as far as this much-rejected, mostly impatient would-be author was concerned. She finally determined that she would be a self-published author… and a self-published author alone.
- But when the opportunity came to have a short story traditionally published, she took it… and another opportunity soon followed. So now Ms. Witty is what they call a “hybrid author.” She writes what she wants, when she wants… and she has a pretty good idea that whatever she writes will be published (either by her publisher or by herself). And she still
- because she loves helping other people improve their writing.
She also blogs about food, DIY crafts, handmade cosmetics, and gifts, because she loves creating things as much as she does creating words.
Mishael on the Web: http://www.bluebrownbooks.com
Mishael on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MishaelAustinWitty
Mishael on Twitter: https://twitter.com/woweditor12
Mishael on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/mawitty1830/
Mishael on GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/mishael_witty
MISHAEL AUSTIN WITTY BOOK TRAILERS