We eat a lot of bananas around here – a lot. We can’t really keep them in the house (I’m surprised I had enough around long enough to make this recipe). And one of my favorite ways to eat bananas (besides banana bread) is to slather peanut butter all over the top of them. I don’t usually turn it into a sandwich, like Elvis did. I just serve the sliced bananas topped with peanut butter on a plate.
One day, I got the bright idea to put them together in a microwave quick bread recipe to see how they would turn out. Oh my goodness! I never thought this bread would be as yummy as it is, but yay for food experiments that turn out to be some of the best food you’ve ever eaten in your life. Here’s how I made this super yummy peanut butter banana bread that I’ve affectionately termed “Fast Elvis.” 🙂
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 6 tbspns butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash up the the bananas thoroughly with a metal spoon or fork.
- Fold in the margarine or butter and combine well.
- Add in sugar, egg, and vanilla, and beat together until you get a light, slightly fluffy mixture.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and milk.
- Mix together for about 30-60 seconds, until thoroughly combined (batter may still be lumpy, depending on how much you mashed the bananas).
- Lightly grease a microwave-safe loaf pan.
- Pour batter evenly into the pan.
- Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave on Medium High (Power Level 5) for 6 minutes. Rotate the pan once halfway through, if your microwave doesn’t have a turntable.
- Then, microwave on High for 4-6 minutes. Bread will spring back when touched, and the top will look slightly dry.
- Remove from the microwave and keep covered with the wax paper for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
I dare you to try this bread recipe and not fall in love with it! It’s probably the best banana bread I’ve ever had.
Fifteen years ago, I went to a party a friend was hosting and bought a stoneware mini loaf pan. I still have that thing today, and it’s just as awesome.
When I got married almost 13 years ago, I let the friend of a friend do a Pampered Chef bridal shower for me. I still have all those things too!
I’ve been buying Pampered Chef products at various parties (mostly online now) ever since. I have never been disappointed by a single thing I’ve bought with Pampered Chef.
So, when I recently attended yet another online party and saw that there was a $19.80 join special, I took the plunge. I’ve been enjoying Pampered Chef myself for decades. Why not share that love with others?
I’m so excited to start my Pampered Chef journey. I would be thrilled if you would consider joining me. Pampered Chef has so many tools that can help you as you seek to eat cleaner. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on my Facebook page.