Are you a self-published or traditionally published author who’s looking for someone to help you promote your book? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
I publish author interviews to help fellow authors in their promotion efforts. How do you get an interview? It’s easy! Just answer 10 of these questions and email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Interview Questions
- How would you describe your book to someone who has not yet read it?
- Is there a message in your book that you want your readers to grasp?
- If Oprah invited you onto her show to talk about your book, what would the theme of the show be?
- How much of the book is based on real life (either yours or someone you know)?
- How did you get the idea for the novel?
- Which came first, the title or the novel?
- What scene or bit of dialogue in the book are you most proud of, and why?
- If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything about your book?
- What inspired you to write your first book?
- Thinking way back to the beginning, what’s the most important thing you’ve learned as a writer from then to now?
- Considering a book from the first word you write to the moment you see it on a bookstore shelf, what’s your favorite part of the process? What’s your least favorite?
- What genre have you not yet written but really want to try?
- What book are you reading right now?
- What’s up next for you?
- Do you have any advice for other writers?
- Is there anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I am also open to publishing guest posts, but your post MUST:
- Be helpful in some way to other writers (i.e., offer writing tips or ideas, publishing advice, marketing tips, etc.).
- Be between 500 and 1000 words long.
Guest posts MAY:
- Contain links to your website.
- Contain links to your book(s).
- Contain any images you select.
I reserve the right to:
- Edit any post for spelling, grammar, etc.
- Remove any offensive language, excessive violence, gratuitous sex, etc. **Just keep it PG, please!
- Add any relevant images that I think would enhance the post.
How I will promote the post:
- Tweet it to my 3800+ followers.
- Add it to the WLC Tweet Teams list to have nine other people tweet it to their followers.
- Include a link to the post on my Facebook page.