“Full of humor and heart” – Huffington Post
“The Star is destined to become a classic!” – The Dove Foundation
The Tale of Faith and Friendship Includes Six Sing-Along Videos from Mariah Carey, Fifth Harmony, Kelsea Ballerini, A Great Big World, and Kirk Franklin
Includes a Dance Along, “How-to” Crafts Video and Much More
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD/Blu-ray and Digital!
From the studio that brought you MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN & CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS comes the timeless tale about faith, friendship, and the importance of believing in yourself.
The heartwarming animated comedy follows a small but brave donkey named Bo (voiced by Steven Yeun, “The Walking Dead”), who yearns for a life beyond his daily grind at the village mill. One day he finds the courage to break free and finally goes on the adventure of his dreams. On his journey, he teams up with Ruth (voiced by Aidy Bryant, “Saturday Night Live”), a lovable sheep who has lost her flock and Dave (voiced by Keegan-Michael Key, Friends From College), a dove with lofty aspirations, along with three wisecracking camels voiced by Tracy Morgan (“30 Rock”), Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey. Bo and his new friends follow the star and become accidental heroes in the greatest story ever told. THE STAR has a run time of approximately 86 minutes and is rated PG for some thematic elements.
THE STAR DVD release is filled with more than an hour of engaging bonus materials, including the “Star-aoke: Sing Along with Bo & Friends,” a dance along to “Life Is Good” by A Great Big World, plus a collection of fun lyric videos that will have you singing along to the inspiring music from the movie.
Families can enjoy crafting and baking with “how-to” videos “Star Mason Jar Votives” and “Sweet and Sparkly Stars,” and they also can go behind-the-scenes to explore the amazing talent who bring these characters to life. In “Faith All Year Round,”
renowned pastor and motivational speaker, DeVon Franklin delivers a fun and engaging children’s sermon discussing the themes of the film and keeping the spirit of this inspiring story alive in us every day.
Bonus Materials Include:
- Star-aoke: Sing-Along with Bo & Friends: In this all new song, sing along with your favorite characters including Bo, Dave, Ruth and the unforgettable camels
- “Life Is Good” Dance-Along: Shake your tail feathers and move your hooves in this fun dance along
- Lyric Sing-Along Videos: Enjoy the eclectic and inspiring music of THE STAR with these colorful lyric videos that allow you to sing along with your favorite recording artists
- “The Star” by Mariah Carey
- “Can You See” by Fifth Harmony
- “Children Go Where I Send You” by Kelsea Ballerini
- “We Three Kings” by Kirk Franklin
- “Life Is Good” by A Great Big World
- Sweet and Sparkly Stars: Create star-themed cookies to be enjoyed year round
- Star Mason Jar Votives: Let the light of THE STAR shine with this simple yet stunning craft
- Faith All Year Round with DeVon Franklin: A children’s sermon discussing the themes of the film and how to keep the spirit of this inspiring story alive in us every day
- An All-Star Cast: Meet the stars of the film and explore the exciting voice cast who bring these amazing characters to life
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE STAR
I took my kids to see this movie when it first came out in the theaters.
I’ll be honest. I was a little afraid at first to see what a mess Hollywood was going to make of the Jesus story. To my delight, this movie was not at all what I expected.
Sure, there were more than a few spots where creative license was taken, but the overall feel of the movie was very biblical. There was nothing in it that made me cringe as a believer.
I ended up enjoying the movie, and my kids thought the movie was awesome. I wish more movies were made like this one! In fact, I think everyone should run out and buy this movie right now so that we send a message to movie makers everywhere that the American viewing public desperately wants to see more movies like this!
[Okay, I’ll get off my soapbox now.]
Please, if you haven’t yet seen this movie, consider buying the DVD to try it out. And buy a copy for every child you know. This is a lovely, fun adaptation of the story of Jesus’ birth that the whole family can easily enjoy together – well worth the money!