At the time of this posting, Mother’s Day is only a little over a week away. Have you gotten her anything yet? Maybe you haven’t even started thinking about it yet. Well, here are some fabulous gift ideas for mom that will really impress her this Mother’s Day.
- Weekend Getaway. Surprise Mom with a weekend retreat to a ski lodge or an upscale hotel so she can take some time to unwind and recharge her batteries.
- Digital Camera. This is one of the best gift ideas for mom, especially new moms.
Children grow up so fast, so catching those fleeting moments is important. With scrap booking becoming so popular, digital cameras also make a great gift for the scrapbook lover.
- Charitable Donation. Moms are always giving of themselves to others, so a donation to her favorite charity in her name might be just the ticket to putting a smile on her face. It would truly be a gift that would keep on giving, and it would benefit someone else, in addition to Mom.
- Buy a Star or a Tree. You’ve probably seen those commercials for the “buy a star” programs, where you can register any star with the name of your choice, for a fee. And various nurseries offer trees for sale that can be planted wherever Mom wants. A gift like this will last for years to come – probably long after we ourselves are gone.
- Spa Day. Most mothers I know could use a spa day, whether the children still live at home or have long since moved away. Spa Days range from a whole package of all the goodies, like mud baths and lunch, or just a half-hour massage. Don’t have the money to buy her a full spa day? Why not send her a “spa day” in a gift basket. La Bella’s Spa Day Getaway Gift Box is designed to pamper and rejuvenate the body and soul. It’s presented in a keepsake floral gift box that is perfect for Mom to keep and store her cherished items in for years to come. It includes nourishing sweet pea-scented bath items, soft terry cloth slippers, exfoliating sugar scrub, and some sweet treats.
- Jewelry. Personalized jewelry is always among the most popular gift ideas for mom. I just don’t think you can go wrong with it. Especially if it has the birthstones of her children and/or grandchildren in it. La Bella has a wide variety of sterling silver charm bracelets with charms that can be added for that extra special touch. And they have beautiful birthstone crystal bracelets that come with a free sterling silver charm.
- Food Gift Baskets. You can find gift baskets that contain any and everything. There are baskets that are specifically designed for Mother’s Day, but other choices include gourmet food and/or fruit baskets, the abovementioned spa baskets, and there are even candle baskets. Many places will also design custom baskets for you to fit any style or budget.
- Flowers and Plants. This is the most common Mother’s Day gift. It’s the obvious choice for that bouquet lover or for someone who’s extremely picky. Flowers please everyone. You can even kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, by selecting one of La Bella’s unique plantable cards – they each have seeds inside them that Mom can plant and enjoy for a long time to come.
- The General Star Treatment. Being a good mother is hard, so Mom deserves the “star treatment” every once in a while. Start by allowing her to sleep in a bit, and then bring her breakfast in bed. Throw in a little cleaning, meal preparation for the rest of the day, and childcare, and let Mom relax and read a book or do whatever else she wants. Basically, just give her a little (or a lot of) downtime.
Mothers work hard 365 days a year. They deserve at least one day of pampering and extra special care. Hopefully, this post has given you something to go on when it comes to picking out the perfect gift for the special mom in your life. And if you need more gift ideas for mom, be sure to check out my online gift store, Charis La Bella Gift Baskets & More.