Casseroles are the ultimate comfort food, and they’re especially yummy when they include potatoes, cheese, and bacon. This loaded potato casserole recipe can be cooked up in no time in the microwave, and the easy prep makes this a perfect main course for a busy week night. Alternatively, you can serve it as a hearty side item along with ham or beef steaks.
- 4 medium potatoes, either peeled or unpeeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray a microwavable casserole dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Arrange the diced potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper evenly over the top.
- Stir slightly to combine.
- Layer bacon and cheese over the top.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes on high heat (Power Level 10) until potatoes are tender and bacon is crisp.
I don’t peel my potatoes because I like the skins, and I always appreciate cutting down on the prep time. But some people don’t like eating potato skins, and this recipe is just as good without them, so that’s completely your call.
I don’t serve this dish as often as I would like to because I have one very picky eater (my husband) in my household who doesn’t like cheese. The kids and I love it though, and if you don’t have any family members who hate cheese (or one of these other ingredients), I’m sure this will be a hit. I’ve found it also goes really well at potlucks and church suppers.
I’d love to know what your family and friends think about it, so leave a comment and let me know if you try it.
Fifteen years ago, I went to a party a friend was hosting and bought a stoneware mini loaf pan. I still have that thing today, and it’s just as awesome.
When I got married almost 13 years ago, I let the friend of a friend do a Pampered Chef bridal shower for me. I still have all those things too!
I’ve been buying Pampered Chef products at various parties (mostly online now) ever since. I have never been disappointed by a single thing I’ve bought with Pampered Chef.
So, when I recently attended yet another online party and saw that there was a $19.80 join special, I took the plunge. I’ve been enjoying Pampered Chef myself for decades. Why not share that love with others?
I’m so excited to start my Pampered Chef journey. I would be thrilled if you would consider joining me. Pampered Chef has so many tools that can help you as you seek to eat cleaner. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on my Facebook page.