Chicken’s not the only thing I cook in the Crock Pot and have a lot of leftovers afterwards. This also happens with pork. Last night, I was trying to figure out what to do with a large butter container full of leftover pork, and I wanted it to be as healthy as possible, meaning I wanted to include vegetables. I also happened to know that today is National Egg Noodle Day (my family LOVES egg noodles), and I remembered how my mother used to always serve beef stew with noodles. So, my thoughts naturally turned to pork stew. I’d never made it before, and I had no idea how it would turn out, but I figured it was worth a try, anyway. My husband was skeptical about the inclusion of potatoes in something that I was serving with egg noodles, but he was a believer after a bite or two. This turns into a hearty, thick stew, so serve it on a cold night with something light, like crackers or a salad. I served this by itself, but we all had my applesauce brown Betty for dessert afterwards. A true dinner winner!
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsps coriander
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 lbs of shredded cooked pork
- 1 can sliced carrots (and the liquid)
- 1 can sweet whole kernel corn (and the liquid)
- 4 large baking potatoes, diced
- 4 cups egg noodles
- In a large stewpot, pour in water and chicken broth.
- Add the bay leaf and stir in the coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the pork, carrots, and corn.
- Stir in the potato cubes.
- Cook over medium high heat for 30 minutes to soften the potatoes and combine the flavors.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions and spoon evenly into four serving bowls.
- Spoon the stew over the noodles, and enjoy!
Fifteen years ago, I went to a party a friend was hosting and bought a stoneware mini loaf pan. I still have that thing today, and it’s just as awesome.
When I got married almost 13 years ago, I let the friend of a friend do a Pampered Chef bridal shower for me. I still have all those things too!
I’ve been buying Pampered Chef products at various parties (mostly online now) ever since. I have never been disappointed by a single thing I’ve bought with Pampered Chef.
So, when I recently attended yet another online party and saw that there was a $19.80 join special, I took the plunge. I’ve been enjoying Pampered Chef myself for decades. Why not share that love with others?
I’m so excited to start my Pampered Chef journey. I would be thrilled if you would consider joining me. Pampered Chef has so many tools that can help you as you seek to eat cleaner. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on my Facebook page.