It’s National Cherries Jubilee Day…and it’s also National Breakfast Month. I thought it would be fun to combine the two in a cherries jubilee pancake recipe. So, when I ran across this one, I had to try it out and share. This is a little more difficult to make than the usual old-fashioned pancake recipe I love, but it is so worth it. The next time you have brunch guests, you might want to give this a try to truly impress them!
- Pam cooking spray (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 10-ounce jar of maraschino cherries + juice and half the cherries in another jar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract + half a cup of water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, milk, vinegar, cream cheese, butter, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Stir vigorously for two to three minutes until pancake batter is well mixed. There may be lumps.
- Spoon out into heated skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 30-60 seconds per side.
- Transfer cooked pancake to a serving plate and top with the cherries jubilee syrup.
- To make the syrup: Heat the cherries and cherry juice, rum extract, lemon extract and water, sugar, and butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring, for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Spoon over the pancakes as soon as they are done.
I love this recipe, and I really love the fact that I can enjoy the cherries jubilee taste without all the alcohol or the potential for fire. I’m kind of a klutz in the kitchen, so I’m sure trying to set anything on fire on purpose would go really badly.
I’m glad to say, however, that this one was pure delight from start to finish…especially when it came time to eat the pancakes for our after-dinner treat. And there was plenty more batter left over for tomorrow’s breakfast. I can hardly wait!
Fifteen years ago, I went to a party a friend was hosting and bought a stoneware mini loaf pan. I still have that thing today, and it’s just as awesome.
When I got married almost 13 years ago, I let the friend of a friend do a Pampered Chef bridal shower for me. I still have all those things too!
I’ve been buying Pampered Chef products at various parties (mostly online now) ever since. I have never been disappointed by a single thing I’ve bought with Pampered Chef.
So, when I recently attended yet another online party and saw that there was a $19.80 join special, I took the plunge. I’ve been enjoying Pampered Chef myself for decades. Why not share that love with others?
I’m so excited to start my Pampered Chef journey. I would be thrilled if you would consider joining me. Pampered Chef has so many tools that can help you as you seek to eat cleaner. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on my Facebook page.