I’ve mentioned my Grammy before and how I inherited a lot of cookbooks when she died, but (obviously) I had another grandmother. She was also a fabulous cook, and I inherited a lot of her old cookbooks too. I was thumbing through looking for something to fix for dinner, and I ran across a delicious-looking potato soup recipe that I thought we all might enjoy, so I gave it a try after tweaking it slightly to suit our tastes and the fact that I had some leftover ham I wanted to add in.
I thought it was wonderful. My husband thought it was okay, and the kids wouldn’t even try it! Well, that’s not entirely true. The four-year-old took one bite and said it was, “Yummy,” but then she asked for a hot dog. 🙂
Here’s the recipe for my yummy, hammy potato soup.
- 1/2 lb cooked ham steaks, diced
- 6 small baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 10.75-ounce can Campbell’s condensed potato soup
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tbspns white wine vinegar
- 1 tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stick of butter, sliced
- 2 tsps parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- In a large Crock-Pot, pour in chicken broth, water, half-and-half, and white wine vinegar.
- Stir until combined.
- Add in the flour, parsley, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the diced ham and potato.
- Layer the sliced butter over the top of the soup at regular intervals.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
This is a very filling soup, so you’ll want to serve it with something light, like a green salad. And be prepared to store the leftovers. To me, though, that was the best part of making this soup, because I think it tastes even better a day or two later!
Fifteen years ago, I went to a party a friend was hosting and bought a stoneware mini loaf pan. I still have that thing today, and it’s just as awesome.
When I got married almost 13 years ago, I let the friend of a friend do a Pampered Chef bridal shower for me. I still have all those things too!
I’ve been buying Pampered Chef products at various parties (mostly online now) ever since. I have never been disappointed by a single thing I’ve bought with Pampered Chef.
So, when I recently attended yet another online party and saw that there was a $19.80 join special, I took the plunge. I’ve been enjoying Pampered Chef myself for decades. Why not share that love with others?
I’m so excited to start my Pampered Chef journey. I would be thrilled if you would consider joining me. Pampered Chef has so many tools that can help you as you seek to eat cleaner. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on my Facebook page.