Tuna is a favorite at our house, even though my younger daughter and I are the only ones who like it in the old school, traditional tuna salad variety. Still, we all know how boring tuna salad can get after a while, right?
So, every once in a while, when you find an interesting looking tuna salad variation, you just have to try it. That’s what happened to me when I was browsing through Crazy Cat Girl’s blog the other day and came across her Easy Lunch to Go: Greek Yogurt & Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes recipe. You can check out her original recipe by clicking on that link.
I used it as a springboard to come up with my own variation (mostly because I didn’t have any tomatoes or scallions, so I had to substitute something!). Here’s my variation:
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 whole large raw carrot, chopped
- 1 cup raw broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1 can tuna
- 3 tbspns plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dill seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Lay the lettuce leaves out flat on a large plate.
- Drain the tuna and scoop it out into a large bowl.
- Chop the carrot, broccoli, and snap peas.
- Add them to the tuna.
- Add the yogurt, onion powder, dill seed, salt, and pepper to the tuna and veggies.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon out a generous portion of the tuna salad into the middle of each lettuce leaf.
- Fold the lettuce around the salad to make little “pockets.”
- Serve immediately.
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Leave me a comment below, and let me know!
Fifteen years ago, I went to a party a friend was hosting and bought a stoneware mini loaf pan. I still have that thing today, and it’s just as awesome.
When I got married almost 13 years ago, I let the friend of a friend do a Pampered Chef bridal shower for me. I still have all those things too!
I’ve been buying Pampered Chef products at various parties (mostly online now) ever since. I have never been disappointed by a single thing I’ve bought with Pampered Chef.
So, when I recently attended yet another online party and saw that there was a $19.80 join special, I took the plunge. I’ve been enjoying Pampered Chef myself for decades. Why not share that love with others?
I’m so excited to start my Pampered Chef journey. I would be thrilled if you would consider joining me. Pampered Chef has so many tools that can help you as you seek to eat cleaner. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on my Facebook page.